Internet in rural PEI
- Infrastructure exists for wind turbines. High-speed internet would allow people to work from home and like in rural Pei where property is more affordable.
- Would increase self-employment options in rural PEI.
- Lots of government announcements promised this over last 12 years but it is still not a reality.
- Tourist expect high-speed internet everywhere example campgrounds. Municipalities don't have money to invest in high speed internet.
- Allows immigrants to communicate with families back home for (ex: Skype FaceTime etc.)
- For hourly islandwide high-speed internet? Fiber
- How to fund it and who will fund it? Private investor, Province, municipalities?
- What immigrants are coming to Pei? And what income bracket?
- Who will run with it and make it happen?