Channels for finding talent in IT
- Carolina - Magma; Andrew - Moosehead\ESJ; Maryn - IRCC; Karla - Blue spurs consulting; Jessica - Venn; Sara - T4G; Ian - ESJ; Bonnie - Settlement group; Theresa - ONB; Sungmi - MCAF
- How did you find the employees you’ve hired through AIPP?
- How do we help skilled IT workers get hired to stay in the region?
Notes & Ideas
- Job persona > job description
- How do we filter the resumes that come through?
- Local consultants in target countries
- Organisations like 3+
- Mission trips
- Community groups
- Targets: Isreal, Ukraine, India (hit & miss)
- What does IT mean? Lots of unknown
- IT is an all industries and we need backgrounds from all disciplines
- Can cross check it’s on databases
- Lots of junior talent in IT (0-3\5 years)
- Some intermediate talent
- Almost no senior talent
- Develop categories of roles that IT companies are looking for
- Share job opps for candidates that are referred, that don’t fit at your org
- IT (industry) can do a better job explaining their hiring needs
- We need to share candidates that don’t meet the need of your organisation to keep them in the region
- Government agencies need to filter resumes better to what employers are looking for